Francesca Smith - BABCP Accredited Psychological Therapist
I am a BABCP (British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies) Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT). I have over 10 years experience working with clients with mental health difficulties in the NHS and voluntary sector settings.
I provide 1:1 CBT for adults over 18 years of age experiencing emotional and psychological difficulties such as anxiety (including health anxiety, social anxiety and OCD), depression, post natal depression & anxiety, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), low self-esteem and work-related stress. Sessions are held at a welcoming and professional location in central Norwich with 2 hours free parking close by.
I am a highly empathic therapist and take a gentle but pragmatic approach to help people work through their difficulties. I bring a strengths focused approach to help us reach your goals together.
Each session lasts around 60 minutes. Please note 24 hours notice is required for cancellations.
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments are available. Please get in touch to arrange a free 15 minute telephone consultation.
What is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)?
CBT, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, is an evidence based treatment for a wide range of psychological difficulties. This means that it is the most recommended psychotherapeutic approach by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) as it is proven to be effective for the treatment of depression and anxiety.
The word Cognitive in this setting simply means thoughts, imagine it like the cogs in your brain whirring around. Together we look at how your thoughts and beliefs (about yourself, the world and other people) impact on what you do and how you feel emotionally and physically. We aim to create a 'formulation', a bit like a map, to help you understand more about your difficulties, acknowledging where they came from and focusing on how they are being maintained in the present. Once this understanding is developed then together we can work out how to make changes, in a way that feels suitable for you as an individual.
The approach is collaborative and transparent; each session is a joint effort and the rationale for therapeutic strategies is explained. Client goals are identified together at the start of therapy and we review these regularly to ensure that you are getting what you hoped for from therapy.
- Free 15 minute telephone consultation available
- £70 assessment & £65 treatment
- Cash, card, bank transfer & cheque payments accepted
- Therapy room in central Norwich with ramp access and lift if needed, plus 2 hours free parking nearby
Areas of Specialist Interest
- Low Self-Esteem
- Post Natal Depression & Anxiety
- Work-Related Stress
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Worry/Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Grounding Strategies
- “I don't think that there are words to express just how much I appreciate your support, insight & the part you have played in re-booting me. Just, thank you.” Female, 39
- “Thank you for your help and words of encouragement & support.” Female, 60
- “Fran, thank you so much for helping me and for being so kind and patient. I really appreciate it.” Male, 34